Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Liebster Award

This morning, I was totally surprised to see that the lovely Charlotte who writes Life is for Laughing, Loving and Shopping (http://charlotteslife93.wordpress.com/) had nominated me for the Liebster award. Thankfully, she explained what the Liebster award was, otherwise I would've been totally clueless, haha!

For those of you that don't know, the Liebster award recognizes new blogs, bloggers and what they're doing on the worldwide web! People nominate others by mentioning them and their blogs in a new post. The nominees, in turn, do the same, nominating blogs they like to read.


Here are the rules:

  • You must link the person who has nominated you.
  • You must share eleven random facts about yourself.
  • You must answer the eleven Liebster award questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
  • You must pick eleven bloggers under 200 followers to be nominated for the award.
  • You must come up with eleven questions for your nominees to answer.
  • You must go to their blogs and tell them that they have been nominated.

Eleven random facts about me:
  • I LOVE Malteser's Teasers bars - they are amazing; Malteser's but in a bar, like seriously who came up with that?!
  • I am a Starbucks lover - don't get me wrong, I love a good Costa, but Starbucks will always be my one true love.
  • Talking of Starbucks, I will have a skinny drink with cream on top, so don't look at me weird if you see me ordering my usual skinny Caramel Cream Frappucinno with extra cream on top. Surely the calories I save by ordering skinny account for the ones I have in the cream..?
  • My favourite perfume is Sean John Unforgiveable; it always attracts me from its spot on the shelf.
  • I love cheese! Seriously, I am just like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit! Cheeeeeeese!
  • Rimmel London makes up the majority of my make up collection.
  • Glamour magazine never fails to make me smile; always a good read!
  • I love Holby City and Casualty - I pretend I'm a doctor and can diagnose people's illnesses, I'm definitely learning some things ;)
  • My favourite YouTuber is Gabriella Rose, a.k.a. velvetgh0st (http://youtube.com/velvetgh0st). She's so bubbly, down to earth and so talented - her bloopers actually make me L...O....L!
  • I have a total girl crush on Jacqueline Jossa (a.k.a Lauren Branning) from EastEnders!
  • I love Skips! The fizzing on my tongue, divine!

Questions given to me:
  1. Why did you start your blog? - I became addicted to YouTube videos in early June when my little sister started looking for ideas for her prom makeup! I then started following their blogs, and it came to the point when I thought I could do it too - not YouTube, I'm no way good enough or confident enough for that, but writing, I can do that!
  2. What is your favorite clothing item that you own? - Tough one! I love my Kardashian Kollection dress I purchased from Dorothy Perkins, not that I've worn it yet... Something that I love and have worn? A new black lace effect top from Oasis, so pretty, can be worn with jeans or for a night out, totally versatile.
  3. Liquid or Powder Foundation and why? - Liquid. I am currently loving my Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation, such a nice coverage.. Before that, I wore Rimmel London Stay Matte foundation for years! I've never tried a powder foundation, always liquid and then a pressed powder on top...
  4. What do you like doing in your free time? - I love watching YouTube beauty gurus whenever I've got a minute, whether that's catching up with Zoella or Tanya Burr, or searching for new channels.. I also still love reading, despite it being key to my degree (you'd think I'd want a break, haha) and just hanging with my friends really. I'll shop whenever I can, but being a student doesn't really leave me much money for that.. :(
  5. Who is your fashion inspiration? - I don't have a specific person who inspires me, I love just flicking through a magazine and cutting out things I love to stick on my wall as a bit of inspo (there'll be a post on this once I get to uni, and have made my new inspo-board there). But if I did have to name names, I would have to say Lauren Conrad, Demi Lovato and the Kardashian/Jenner girls!
  6. Any advice for a new blogger? - Write something that you would want to read! Who cares if you don't instantly become a hit, or whether some people don't like what you're writing?! Your blog is ultimately for YOU, so make it something that you enjoy!
  7. What are you favourite blogs to follow? - I love velvetgh0st.blogspot.com, icovetthee.com and hello-october.com as well as Life is for laughing living and shopping, and Midnight Rose.
  8. Favourite make-up brand? - This is a tough one! I've loved Rimmel London for starting me off, but now I'm branching out into Maybelline, Revlon and Bourjois! L'Oreal do some great lipsticks! I love Vevo Cosmetics (available online and at Tesco), they are so well priced, and their products are amazing, so pigmented and wearable! I am looking forward to trying some higher end brands as well (watch out bank balance), and my best friend now works for Bobbi Brown, so I'm avidly awaiting her product suggestions.
  9. What is one thing you want to have accomplished before your next birthday? - This is a hard one.. I don't like to set myself time limits to things, and my birthday is not far away (end of January, eek, goodbye teens!). I would like to get a tattoo (though the idea of the pain terrifies me so it's going to take some courage) and I am currently trying to lose weight and tone my body, so by my birthday, I would like to be succeeding in my weightloss journey, and be happier with my body.
  10. Winter or Summer fashion? - Winter, all the way! I love cosy jumpers and jeans, boots, scarves, hats, the lot! Being uncomfortable with my body (both weight and my psoriasis and eczema) means I do not enjoying wearing shorts and vests, I'd much prefer to be covered up! Plus, I'm a winter baby, so maybe that has something to do with it!
  11. What is your must have skincare item? -  Skincare is what I'm trying to explore at the moment. I've got myself going with the make up and I now need to pay more attention to my skin. I love the Garnier Moisturiser, but the one I have is breaking my skin out because it's making my skin too oily, so a new one will be purchased before returning to uni! I am enjoying using the Garnier Simple Essentials Cleanser and Toner at the moment too. 

My Nominees:
I'll admit now, I don't know eleven bloggers that either have less than 200 followers, or that haven't already been tagged in replies that I have read, so I am nominating three girls that I enjoy reading who I haven't seen been tagged but that I think deserve to be nominated.
  1. Jodie Melissa - jodie-melissa.blogspot.com
  2. Happiness Dwells in the Soul - blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.com
  3. Peony and Peach - peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

My Questions to You:
  1. Why did you start your blog?
  2. If you could only have one beauty item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  3. If you had £1000, what would you rather spend it on, make-up or clothes?
  4. What are your favourite blogs to follow?
  5. What is your favourite make-up brand?
  6. What is your all-time favourite lipstick? Brand and colour?
  7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  8. What is your number one beauty secret/tip?
  9. What is your favourite clothes shop?
  10. Who is your celebrity idol?
  11. Any advice for a new blogger?
Well this is the longest blog post I have ever posted and I never imagined I would write such a long piece. If you've got to the end, then congratulations, and I hope you know a little more about me :)

Till next time,
Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment